stars, based on
Specialized nutrition with fiber for impaired glucose tolerance
- GLUCERNA 1.0 CAL is a reduced-carbohydrate, modified-fat, fiber-containing formula clinically shown to blunt blood-glucose response in patients with abnormal glucose tolerance.
- GLUCERNA 1.0 CAL provides only 34.3% of total calories as carbohydrate.
- This helps minimize glycemic response.
- The formulation includes soy fiber to help maintain normal bowel function.
- For patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- For patients with abnormal glucose tolerance resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma, or infection
- For supplemental or total nutrition
- For tube feeding8-fl-oz cans with mild vanilla flavor can be used orally as well as for tube feeding
- Use under medical supervision
- Consistent with American Diabetes Association and American Heart Association recommendations favoring monounsaturated fats and 4% of calories from saturated fat to help improve lipid profiles
- Meets or exceeds 100% of RDIs for 24 key vitamins and minerals in 1420 Cal (1420 mL)
- Halal Kosher
- Gluten-free; suitable for lactose intolerance
Not for parenteral use
Not for patients with galactosemia
Would you like to request more information?
Product Info Request